We are looking for youth leaders in Bonneville County who want to make our community better. The Bonneville Youth Development Council is currently accepting applications for our 2017-2018 Youth Leadership Program. You will begin your year with our annual “TRAPPED SOBER” Conference. This popular conference is guaranteed to be the highlight of your high school years.
• Are you aware of the laws about drugs, alcohol, and vaping in Idaho?
• Is marijuana safer than alcohol?
• Is it possible to save lives by reducing prescription drug abuse?
• Who can be diagnosed with a mental health issue?
• Are you able to text and drive safely?
• Who is stalking you on the internet?
Date: Nov. 8 – Nov. 11
Cost: Free to students committed to making a difference in our community
Registration Time: 4 p.m. Wed., Nov. 8
Conference Time: 5 p.m. Wed. – 10 p.m. Sat.
Place: FairBridge Inn & Suites, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
All participants will stay at the hotel for the ENTIRE conference time. This enables you to stay engaged in your conference experience. Conference Participants will receive:
• Three night accommodations at FairBridge Inn & Suites
• All meals, Conference Materials, and a T-Shirt
During Trapped Sober, Bonneville County teens will address the issues impacting today’s youth. Opportunities will include:
• Meetings with victims telling their stories, which will forever change your life.
• Discussions on the effects of drug & alcohol use.
• Presentations regarding local & national statistics about drug- and alcohol-related car crashes and fatalities.
• Opportunities to meet with top city, county and state law enforcement personnel to discuss laws in our community that impact teens.
• Making new friends and build relationships with other teens that will last a lifetime.
• Gaining leadership skills to work with BYDC during the 2017-2018 school year on issues concerning youth.
• Creating a safer community.
To attend this powerful conference, please download the application form, sign it and return it to your school administrator ASAP. Please share this page with your parents. Upon your acceptance to the conference you will be sent your attendance packet. Parents or students can call Becky (208) 521-5328, to get more information.